The aim of our study of English at HCK is to develop a love of literature and learning so that students understand and use language effectively, explore new ideas, appreciate and reflect upon their learning.
“Through responding to and composing a wide range of texts and through the close study of texts, students develop knowledge, understanding and skills in order to:
- communicate through speaking, listening, reading, writing, viewing and representing
- use language to shape and make meaning according to purpose, audience and context
- think in ways that are imaginative, creative, interpretive and critical
- express themselves and their relationships with others and their world
- learn and reflect on their learning through their study of English.” (English K-10 Syllabus, p.15)